When it comes to finding the best kitty litter for odor control, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. The type of litter, the size of the litter box, and the number of cats using the box are all important factors. There are many different types of kitty litters on the market, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Clumping litters are typically the most effective at controlling odors, but they can be more expensive than non-clumping litters. Natural litters made from materials like corn or pine can also be good at controlling odors, but they may not be as effective at clumping as synthetic litters. The size of the litter box is also important.
A larger box will allow your cat to move around more and cover their waste better, which will help to control odors. If you have multiple cats, you may need to get a larger box or even multiple boxes to keep odors under control. Finally, the number of cats using the litter box is also a factor. More cats mean more waste, which can lead to more odor.
10 Best Kitty Litter For Odor Control in Australia (2022) [Top Picks]
- UNBEATABLE ODOR CONTROL: Absorbs urine and dries solid waste for 5x better odor control than clumping clay litters
- COMPATIBLE LITTER BOXES: Works with any traditional litter box and the PetSafe ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray
- LESS MESS: Premium PetSafe Crystal Litter is low-tracking and 99% dust-free
- CUSTOMER CARE: Let our pet product experts help; we’re available Monday through Saturday to answer your questions at 1-800-845-3274.QUALITY GUARANTEED: PetSafe brand has been a trusted global leader in pet behavior, containment and lifestyle innovations for nearly 30 years; we help pets and their people live happy together
- CONVENIENT PORTIONS: Includes 2 pre-portioned bags of premium PetSafe crystal litter with original scent, ready for use (each bag weighs 2.0 kg)
- It has 50 times the odor absorbing capacity of baking soda.
- AVOID ACCIDENTS: Cats can reject a litter box that has odor, keep litter fresh and enticing
- Use less litter per month and keep the savings in your pocket.
- ONLY 1 SERVING NEEDED PER LITTER BOX REFILL: Extends the life of litter and services 4 refills for a standard size box
- PET SAFE: Non-toxic activated carbon has proven to be a safe litter ingredient for decades
- It’s truly fragrance free and removes odors instead of trying to cover them up.
- Activated carbon is nature’s sponge and works by physically trapping and eliminating odor molecules.
- ELIMINATE EMBARRASSING ODOR: Invite company in with confidence and peace of mind
- FRAGRANCE FREE: Really covers up odors without emitting other smells like citrus, mint or other “fresh” scents like other deodorants.
- EASY TO USE simply shake approximately 1 tablespoon into a normal sized litter box with the convenient shaker pour top container
- ELIMINATE worry and smells
- Our litter box deodorizer won’t disrupt your cats litter box habits and is pet and kid safe, saving you from a smelly world
- LITTER BOX DEODORIZER is a minty fresh scent formulated with non-abrasive, absorbent granular processed to radiate deodorizing action and absorb moisture while eliminating the smell of feline urine and cat fecal odors without interrupting good litter box habits
- ORGANIC NON-TOXIC FORMULA organic granules keep cat litter boxes smelling fresh and clean between litter changes and are non-toxic and biodegradable
- A little bit goes a long way in organically eliminating and preventing odors
- IDEAL for freshening up litter boxes, garbage cans and other musty odors
- Soft on little paws and virtually dust free to reduce tracking (no marking your floors)
- No nasty chemicals or additives
- Natural Odour Control
- Highly absorbent superior performance
- Made in Australia from 99 percent recycled paper
- Tight clumps for an easy scoop
- 99.6 percentage dust-free and low tracking
- Longer lasting; Less maintenance
- Triple odour protection: Urine, faces and ammonia
- Slow release fragrance
- Eliminates strong waste litter box odors
- Draws fluids away from litter to help prolong litter life
- Ideal for multi cat homes
- Quick clumping and easy scooping clean-up
- A natural, dust-free cat litter
- Free from synthetic chemicals or perfumes
- 2 times longer lasting performance
- With a natural scented lavender oil blend for a calming floral fragrance
- SAFE FOR PEOPLE, PETS AND THE PLANET Non toxic
- 100% plant-based
- Made from all-natural, highly absorbent corncob granules that effectively wick moisture from urine and feces
- DEODORIZES OTHER SURFACES TOO! Great for trash compactors, garbage cans, kennels and animal carriers
- We earn your five-star reviews by making high-quality products that work.
- TOUGH ENOUGH FOR MULTI-CAT HOUSEHOLDS Bring on your foulest feline friends! As always, we stand behind our products 100%
- EFFECTIVELY ABSORBS EVEN THE STRONGEST LITTER BOX SMELLS Our proprietary blend of essential oils neutralizes odors at a molecular level, keeping your litter box smelling fresher, longer.
- Go longer between cleanings and save more money because you need less litter!
- LESS SCOOPING, LONGER LITTER LIFE Mixes easily with all types of litter, extending litter life by wicking away moisture
- Smell less, clean less and buy less
- Original choice for 2 times longer-lasting performance
- Clumping litter with outstanding odour control
- Keep your cat’s litter box smelling fresh
- With a tight clumping ability
- EASY-TO-USE — Fresh Step’s easy to use spray makes litter box maintenance a breeze! Simply spray before putting litter into the cat box to provide a second barrier to kitty’s box odor
- KEEP YOUR HOME AND CAT BOX SMELLING FRESH — Keep your home and cat box area smelling fresh with this heavy duty and long-lasting odor eliminator
- WILL NOT CAUSE CLUMPING — Litter box odor eliminator is pet-friendly and will not cause clumping
- ELIMINATES ODORS QUICKLY — Fresh Step Litter Box Odor Eliminating Spray targets cat urine and feces odor to quickly and efficiently eliminate smells
- WHEN YOUR LITTER BOX NEEDS A BOOST — Spray the heavy duty odor eliminator evenly whenever your litter box needs a boost
Best kitty litter for odor control brands
- Sapphire Labs
- Odor Universe
- Breeders Choice
- Tidy Cats
- Nature’s Miracle
- Worlds Best Cat Litter
- Rocco & Roxie Supply Co
- Fresh Step for Pets
The Practical Guide to Control Litter Box Smells & Odors
There is no doubt that cats are some of the most popular pets in the world, and with good reason. They are charming, playful, and highly intelligent. But while they may not bring any real harm to their owners, they can still produce a considerable amount of urine and feces. This can be a problem if your home smells bad because of it. Luckily, there are a variety of cat litter products available on the market today that can help to control the odor associated with pet waste.
In this article, we will discuss ten of the best options for controlling odor in Australia in 2022. 1. CatLitterClay Reviews – Most Popular Clay Litter for Cats CatLitterClay is a popular clay litter product designed specifically for use with cats. It is made from natural clays and contains no artificial additives or fragrances, which is beneficial for both your cat and your home environment. Because it absorbs moisture well, CatLitterClay is great at controlling urine and feces odors, making it an ideal choice for those who want to keep their homes smelling clean and fresh. 2.